A Mixed-Media Creativity Retreat to Jumpstart or Restart your Creative Dream (in the Lap of Luxury)
led by Lisa Sonora Beam
November 25-December 1, 2012
in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
What if you could use your creativity to build a roadmap to where your dreams want to take you?
What if it were easy and fun to remember, reclaim and recognize your particular gifts (also known as your thing),
translate that knowledge into tangible, practical, ideas and plans that get you doing your thing that you are dreaming of doing.
about creative dreams
Having and nurturing a creative dream is one of the most important things any human being can do, whether or not they consider themselves “artistic”. When we learn how to do this, the effects spill over into other areas of our lives in wonderful and unexpected ways. Plus, it feels great.
It doesn’t matter how seemingly small or lofty that dream is. Maybe you just want to find a way to face a blank page without paralysis. Or learn to develop your own visual style. Or make a living from your art. Or develop a new body of work. Or learn how to infuse your creativity with more meaning. Or nurture a new idea. Or boldly try something new. Or just get away from it all and have some fun. What is your creative dream? How do you want to make a difference for the things you care about? How do you wish you could change the world? Or just your world?
can I say “fall in love” in a workshop description?
I want to show you how you can create with abandon, free of self-consciousness and fear, and fall in love with your particular gifts. When you learn how to do this, anything is possible.
You’ll leave with your own handmade Creative Entrepreneur Roadmap. It’s an Action Plan overflowing with inspiration, ideas, and plans to move you forward on your journey of creative entrepreneurship.
You’ll get creative tools you will take away to use for a lifetime of rich, unique, absolutely authentic expression that serves your higher purpose.
At The Creative Entrepreneur reTreat in Mexico, I experienced Lisa as a gifted workshop leader, committed to each participant, that each of us would receive the guidance she/he needed.
Our needs/intentions were SO DIVERSE! I witnessed her repeatedly going the distance with individuals…guiding, facilitating breakthrough experiences. No one got left behind.
Lisa’s visual journaling process taps in to so many levels of expression…the intuitive, the creative, the pragmatic for moving visions and goals/objectives into action and outcomes. I left the workshop LOVING my journal and wanting more!
— Meo O’Malley
an outline of what you’ll learn:
- How to find and follow your bliss
- How to turn your passion into a profitable enterprise: the two key questions you need to answer
- How to creating a visual road map of what it is you want to accomplish
- How to approach your thing with love, and transmute fear (yes, you can!)
- How to develop a positive and productive relationship to your creative process
- How to harness the power of difficult (and commonly experienced) emotions that can sabotage your ideas (such as envy, jealousy and feeling overwhelmed) to make them work for you, rather than against you
- All about art supplies: the best, cheapest, funnest—and most meaningful—ways to incorporate imagery into your visual journal roadmap
- Ways of dealing with procrastination, self-criticism, judgments and other emotions that keep us from not working
- Taming Sketchy ideas: How deal with wanting your work to look “artistic” and still get your rough ideas down. Yes, you can have both!
- How to return to a creative project after an absence
- Concerns of privacy: Surprising and fun ways of getting your ideas out without fear of prying eyes. Concerns about publishing and blogging.
- The magic of mixed-media: How to integrate writing, painting, collage, photography, and the kitchen sink into your visual journals
- How to build and maintain a creative support system to prevent isolation and burnout
- Critical information on how to take what you learn at the retreat and consistently apply it long after our time together
- Practical tools that bolster courage and confidence designed to help you move forward on your creative dreams—whatever they may be
“If you are having trouble jump starting or taking your work to the next level, this is the class for you. Even the every day challenges of life improved for me with the tools this class provided. I came away clear as a bell on my objectives and super charged with creative ideas like never before!
Lisa Sonora Beam is a dynamic and engaging facilitator who really knocked my socks off! After attending her Mexico retreat, I came home revved up and ready to make big changes in my life, feeling clear headed and totally focused on possibilities that I had never before imagined.
Everyone should have these tools! This amazing clarity is more valuable than gold. If you are making your way towards a dream, Lisa Sonora Beam is just the person to help you reach it.”
— Carol C. Parks, Artist
2007 Retreat Participant
the setting: does a private tropical paradise work for you?
I am taking you on retreat in the most nourishing environment I have ever been. It’s a place I go, over and over again, to fill my own creative well, get inspired, and just deeply, deeply rest. To retreat.
That place is, Mexico, where I have been traveling and teaching and mingling with the local artists and culture for the past decade.
Our retreat is held in the most unique of environments, a private hacienda designed by a creative entrepreneur especially for creative entrepreneurs. It’s a three-dimensional experience of creativity made real. It is the living dream of artist and artist-nurturer Sandra “Sam” Leonard, who followed her creative dream to build the ultimate artistic retreat for herself and other artists.
You experience art everywhere from the moment you walk up to the walled garden and ring the bell to be let in. Sam expresses her creativity in everything from the funky, colorful interior design, to the lush gardens filled with intimate private spaces for relaxation and reflection, to the abundant, delicious meals, all prepared with ingredients fresh from the farmer’s market and artfully presented.
at The Creative Entrepreneur ReTREAT in Mexico you will find:
- A colorful, stimulating environment created by artists for artists inside the walls of a restored private hacienda where the cooking and cleaning is done for you, and you get to just lay back, relax, have fun and create!
- Private gardens and patios surrounding a swimming pool where you can rest and recharge
- Gorgeous studio spaces overlooking the gardens where you can work indoors or outdoors in the perfect Puerto Vallarta weather
- Space and time just for you and your creative ideas
- On-the-spot coaching when you have questions or hit snags as you work
- A group of fun, courageous, and creative kindred spirits
- Time to explore the Puerto Vallarta boardwalk, galleries, shops and amazing restaurants to gather even more inspiration and recharge your batteries
registration and what’s included
Retreat registration is $2175.00 based on double occupancy.
- 5 full days of workshop sessions
- 6 nights lodging
- delicious full breakfasts & lunches served poolside
- unlimited studio time
- welcome reception with cocktails & traditional Mexican appetizers
how to reserve your space
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to reserve your space. The balance is due 45 days prior to the workshop.
Make your $500 deposit by clicking the Add to Cart button.
Upon receipt of deposit, you’ll receive a confirmation email with workshop preparation info and all the details on getting to the location, as well and information on paying the balance of the registration fee.